Description: Tissue harvesting conducted by Stephanie Moon at Iowa State University. On the day of tissue harvest, Petri plates are removed individually from growth shelf and opened. The aerial portion is collected into pre-weighed and labeled microcentrifuge tubes and placed directly into liquid nitrogen. Tissue collected for Dr. Ruth Welti (The Kansas Lipidomics Research Center) is immediately immersed in isopropanol (0.01% BHT) preheated to 75°C for 15 minutes and then stored at -20°C until shipment. All tissue collections are conducted as rapidly as possible; in less than 1.5 minutes.
2.Sample weighing and Sorting of tissue samples
Description: Collected tissue samples are weighed and sorted by Stephanie Moon at Iowa State University. Sample tubes are removed from -70°C freezer, and placed directly into liquid nitrogen. In a 4°C room, the sample tubes are weighed individually with an analytical scale, to an accuracy of 5 mg. Samples are then sorted into a cryo box placed in liquid nitrogen. The box is then stored at -70°C until shipment in dry ice to the analytical labs.
3.Sample Weighing (Closer View)
4.Download protocols for individual platforms
- Analytical Platform 1 (ceramide profiling)
- Analytical Platform 2 (Fatty Acid Profiling)
- Analytical Platform 3 (amino acid profiling)
- Analytical Platform 4 (cuticular wax profiling)
- Analytical Platform 5 (Targeted Phytosterol and Tocopherol Profiling)
- Analytical Platform 6 (chlorophyll and carotenoid profiling)
- Analytical Platform 7 (Lipidomics)
- Analytical Platform 8 (GC-TOF)
- Analytical Platform 9 (UPLC-Q-TOF profiling)
- Analytical Platform 10 (non-targeted CE-ESI-MS)
- Analytical Platform 11 (non-targeted LC-MS)